How the hell do you do that?
It is what most people would say if you asked them off the street randomly. That’s not a proven fact but it’s what I have heard when I asked the question to random people or even who I know personally.
Some have said “Well all you need is an anti-virus” Well durr!!!
FFS people then why do you still get viruses when you have an anti-virus program installed already?
Securing your computer takes a lot more than paying a yearly subscription to a vendor that is supposed to be “protecting” you. When I say vendor I refer to MacAfee, Norton, Kaspersky, all of which are popular anti-virus software’s. Hell even the open-source (meaning free) software can protect you just as good.
The bottom line people:
I know I may get some slack for this but it’s true.
If you educate your mind about the dangers of the net then you can protect your pc from viruses and malicious software by not visiting sites such as porn or well you know then kinds of web sites.
Not downloading from trusted sources is another huge headache which I’ve ran into a few times. It’s not hard being more conscientious of the dangers of the web.
The internet is full of interesting things and places you can see, you can even ask Google a question and it phuckin gives you an answer…..
It’s really not that difficult!
- Kaspersky Internet Security & Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 (ebigmedia.wordpress.com)
- Kaspersky, The Best Anti-Virus You May Never Have Heard Of (freedomfrontiers.wordpress.com)
- What is the Best Free Anti-Virus Program to Meet Consumer Needs? (lockergnome.com)
- What is a anti virus and what can it do (wiki.answers.com)
- How can you stop virus on computer (wiki.answers.com)
- Cyber-crime precedes cyber-wars – Kaspersky (rt.com)
- Securing your computer! HUH!! (fischfail.wordpress.com)